Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cheering for internacional

Internacional is my team, since I was a kid. My parents have moved from Sao Paulo to Porto Alegre in 19... well.... never mind..... but when I've arrived in Porto Alegre Internacional has won the brazilian soccer championship. I become a fan of Inter and asked my father to play at the jouvenil soccer school of Inter. My father told me not to do that because I could get the illution of being a soccer player. Instead of it he has acquired a partner title for me and I was used to go to the games to cheer for internacional.
After many years living in Brasilia I've come back to Beira Rio - stadium of Internacional - to watch the final game of Libertadores 2006 against São Paulo. I'm not sure but I think i almost had a heart atack. The final game was 2x2 and I keep the ticket with me as a great recordation.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that you arrived in a wrong moment in Porto Alegre, because Gremio has the greatest soccer fans in Rio Grande do Sul, and only they know to do that magnificent wave - the greatest demonstration of love for a soccer team.

    ReplyDelete